ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS
- Monitoring of Entry and Exits
- The access control systems at the designated locations are intended to monitor the entry and exit of Residents, Guests or any other persons and vehicles to 10 Mont’Kiara. The provision of such services, which is often referred to as “security services”, shall not in any circumstances be construed as a representation by the Management that 10 Mont’Kiara will be free of crime.
- Residents are advised to insure their personal belongings and valuables against theft, burglary and loss howsoever caused including damage from fire, leaking pipes and sewers and preferably to place all valuables in security deposit boxes with banks.
- All fire exits shall not be locked or obstructed as they are statutorily required to be accessible under the provisions of the relevant rules and by-laws.
- Access Control Cards
- Each standard Parcel shall be entitled up to three (3) units of access card (in accordance with occupancy) free of charge. A penthouse Parcel shall be entitled up to five (5) units of access card (in accordance with occupancy) free of charge.
- Owners or Residents may apply to the Management for additional unit of access card (as per number of occupants) subject to such charges as the Management may determine from time to time for every additional unit issued to the Owner or Resident.
- All lost access cards must be reported in writing to the Management immediately to enable the Management to deactivate the same. The Owner or Resident shall be held responsible for any breach of security as a result of his/her failure to report any lost access card issued in or under the Owner’s or Resident’s name.
- Charges of such amount as the Management may determine from time to time will be imposed for every unit of lost or damaged access card replaced by the Management, unless the access card is replaced due to any defect in or malfunction of the card not arising from fault of the Owner or user.
- All access cards shall remain the property of the Management.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse to issue access cards and the right to deactivate any access cards issued to an Owner or Resident until all outstanding amounts (including but not limited to service charges, booking fees, etc.) owed to the Management with respect of his/her Parcel has been settled. Nothing herein shall render the Management obliged to or liable to deactivate the access card upon instructions of non-resident Owners who may have disputes with their Tenants.
- The Management may in its sole and absolute discretion provide separate access cards for car parks, lobby access and/or facilities access and/or change or upgrade the system from time to time whereupon the aforesaid rules would continue to apply mutatis mutandis.
- Closed circuit television system, if any
The CCTV system is intended for recordings and not for live viewing by guards as a routine duty. All recordings captured or to be captured on the CCTV system shall at all times remain the sole and absolute property of the Management. The CCTV system is not a representation that the areas under surveillance are fool-proofed against or will prevent crime, vandalism or any acts of mischief occurring from time to time. The Management will not be held responsible in any manner in the event the CCTV system malfunctions or breaks down.
- Usage of designated car park lot(s)
- Residents are not permitted to park their vehicles at the main lobby or elsewhere in 10 Mont’Kiara other than at their designated car park lot(s).
- Residents who find that their designated car park lot(s) have been wrongfully occupied by other cars are advised to report to the Management or personnel at the access control point immediately.
- The visitors’ car parks are strictly for the use of Guests only, subject to such parking charges and/or the length of time of usage as may be imposed by the Management from time to time.
- Residents must park their motorcycles, bicycles and other forms of transport at areas designated by the Management and on no occasion should these vehicles be left or parked in other non-designated areas.
- The Management shall not be held responsible for any theft, burglary, loss or damage or other misdemeanour to the vehicles and their contents within 10 Mont’Kiara, whether such vehicle is parked in the designated car parks, other car park areas or at any other part of 10 Mont’Kiara.
- Residents shall not fix, place, erect or construct any grilles or cause any form of obstruction whatsoever at or on the entrance exit or driveway to or in the car park areas or any other area in the car parks not designated for the parking of cars and the Management is entitled to remove any such obstruction so caused by the Resident at the Resident’s expense.
- Only car polishing is permitted at the designated car park lot provided that no excessive dirt, mud and/or water is to be left thereon. Car washing shall be carried out only at a specially designated area reserved for this purpose. Except for minor repair works, no heavy repair work shall be permitted at the car park lot. (“Heavy repair” includes a repair that involves excessive noise or spillage of oil or dirt).
- A car parking bay can only be used for the purpose so designated, ie, to leave an automobile for a time, and such usage shall not include leaving a broken-down vehicle in a state of abandonment.
- Any vehicle left in a state of abandonment in a car parking bay shall be deemed to be a nuisance that may affect the image or property value of the condominium or that may pose a health/safety danger. Such vehicle is liable to be towed to a junkyard, and the costs incurred as a result thereof shall be borne by the Owner/Resident/vehicle owner and deemed a debt due from such persons to the Management.
- Transponders and Car Stickers
- A non-transferable transponder and car sticker will be provided for each designated car parking bay and the Residents must display the valid car stickers prominently on the windscreen of their respective vehicles at all times for easy identification. The Management has the absolute right to stop and/or prohibit vehicles without valid car stickers from entering 10 Mont’Kiara.
- A Resident who wishes to obtain or renew a car sticker must apply to the Management, supplying his name and Parcel number. The car sticker shall be issued after receipt of the required remittance (determined by the Management) and the surrender of the expired sticker for renewal.
- All lost transponders must be reported in writing to the Management immediately to enable the Management to deactivate the same. The Resident shall be held responsible for any breach of security as a result of his/her failure to report any lost transponder issued in or under the Resident’s name.
- Residents must report any loss of car stickers in writing immediately to the Management and lodge the necessary police report (a copy to be extended to the Management). New stickers will only be issued after receipt of a copy of the police report and any payment of a fee will be at the discretion of Management.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse to issue a transponder or car sticker until all outstanding amounts (including but not limited to service charges, booking fees, etc.) owed by the Owner or Resident have been settled.
- Enforcement of Carpark Rules
- In the event any vehicle is parked in areas other than the designated car park lot, the Management has the absolute right to take any appropriate action as it deems fit including but not limited to the serving of notices, immobilisation of vehicles or towing away of such vehicles.
- If any person parks the vehicle in such a manner so as to obstruct or block –
- the egress or ingress to 10 Mont’Kiara; or
- any fire exits or access routes; or
- any egress or ingress to public utility areas including but not limited to substations, pump rooms and bomba access routes;
thereby rendering it a nuisance, hazard and/or inconvenience to the Management or other Residents then, and in any such event, the Management has the absolute right to forthwith tow away the vehicle and all charges and incidental costs shall be borne by the Owner/Resident/vehicle owner.
- The Management shall not be held responsible or liable in any manner whatsoever for any damage to the vehicle or injury or inconvenience (if any) suffered by the Resident, Guest or any other persons arising from any of the actions referred to above or any damage to the vehicle resulting from attempts to remove the immobiliser forcibly. Any person who forcibly attempts to remove the immobiliser resulting in its damage or any impairment of its function shall be liable to pay for the repair or replacement of the same.
- Imposition of Charge
Notwithstanding the aforesaid, the Management hereby reserves the absolute right to impose a charge on any Owners, Residents or Guests of such sum(s) as shall be determined by the Management from time to time for a breach of any of the above rules covered by Rule 4.